This lecture on Integrated Integrity was held in Kathmandu, Nepal (on 2-April-2016). The presenter was Mr David Lyons from The Navigators. Snipplets from the lecture include the following.
Definitions for Integrity include:
- Integrity is oneness between what you say and what you do, both in your private life and in your public life.
- "Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name."
- Psalm 15 (NASB) O LORD, who may abide in Your tent? Who may dwell on Your holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, And speaks truth in his heart. He does not slander with his tongue, Nor does evil to his neighbor, Nor takes up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, But who honors those who fear the Lord; He swears to his own hurt and does not change; He does not put out his money at interest, Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.
- In what ways are you or your people likely to have your integrity tested at home, in your community or in your nation?
The Lecture then dwells deeper into the following:
- The Call to Integrated Integrity
- Discussing the Impact of Integrity
- What Motivates you to pursue Integrated Integrity?
- Moving into the Heart of Integrated Integrity
- Implications of Integrated Integrity
- God consistently measures the righteousness of His people by how we respond to the vulnerable and oppressed: The poor, the widow, the orphan, the prisoner, the sick and the refugee.
Quotation from Martin Luther,
“To go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.”
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people, but the silence over that [cruelty] by the good people.”
Quotation from William Wilberforce,
"My walk is a public one. My business is in the world, and I must mix in the assemblies of men or quit the post which Providence seems to have assigned me. Surely the principles of Christianity lead to action as well as meditation.”"
The Radical Integrity of Dietrich Bonheoffer,
“The truth is that most German Christians are not too worried about the suffering… of minority groups. On the important issues of life, the Church must stand up and be counted, even if it stands alone. The Church has a prophetic role to play in the world, not just a pastoral role. I do not aspire to the prophet’s role. I only aspire to be a good disciple of Jesus Christ."
Tests of Integrity?
- How is your integrity being tested these days?
- How is the integrity of your people being tested?
INTEGRATED INTEGRITY Summary:
A definition of Integrity:
Integrity is oneness between what we say and how we live.
The Heart of Integrity:
Christ living in us leads us into integrity and makes it possible to live in oneness with Him.
Implications of Integrity:
Integrity leads us to allow Christ to live His Life through us privately and publicly.
Tests of Integrity:
Our integrity will be tested, and that testing is intended to strengthen our integrity.
. . . what will integrity require of you?
>>> Click here to view Interative Video Lecture with Slides